Pages

Friday, March 16, 2018

You Will Be Mine by Natasha Preston

Author: Natasha Preston
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Date of publication: February 2018

ROSES ARE RED
VIOLETS ARE BLUE
WATCH YOUR BACK
I'M COMING FOR YOU

Lylah and her friends can't wait to spend a night out together. Partying is the perfect way to let loose from the stress of life and school, and Lylah hopes that hitting the dance floor with Chace, her best friend, will bring them closer together. She's been crushing on him since they met. If only he thought of her the same way...

The girls are touching up their makeup and the guys are sliding on their coats when the doorbell rings. No one is there. An envelope sits on the doormat. It's an anonymous note addressed to their friend Sonny. A secret admirer? Maybe. They all laugh it off.

Except Sonny never comes home. And a new note arrives:

YOUR TURN


You Will be Mine is the second book that I have read by this author.  The first  book, The Cabin, I ended up DNF'ing because it was kind of dull.  This one was a lot more enjoyable.  Being a fan of teen slasher movies, this story line really appealed to me.  Lylah and her roommates begin receiving notes that hint at a secret stalker. One by one, as Valentine's Day approaches, they start to turn up dead.

 It did read like a typical teen slasher book or movie.  In fact, it carried many of the typical tropes that one finds in them.  I looked at it like a guilty pleasure. It was fun and cheesy. I enjoyed the characters and surprisingly, none of them were really annoying.  I did call the killer about halfway through the book, but I still liked the ending.  Oh, and I totally called the events of the epilogue.  Any fan of teen slashers will be able to see it coming a mile away.  Still, it was a fun read and one I would recommend.




1 comment:

SavingsInSeconds said...

I read The Cellar and thought it was just okay. Have seen this one in the bookstore -- I might give it a try.